Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I am..

..a mom of boys.

I know all of the members of the Justice League and the Avengers.  I know that if you don't push a wee wee down while peeing, the floor will be soaked.  I am referred to as "Agent Mommy."  I can build a fort. I have learned that boys have two volumes:  loud and sleeping.  I don't correct my son when he wants to be Daisy from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, or carry his duck whistle on his hip and call it a purse.  I step on toy cars and stub my toes on tractors. I get imaginary webs spun on me all the time. I've accepted that our living room is now a football field/basketball court/golf course/lake filled with alligators.

But, most of all, I am so lucky to have two wonderful children who happen to be boys. 

I always had the dream of having a little girl.  I wanted the bows and the dresses, dance lessons, and seeing her walk down the aisle.  I wanted to pass down the middle name Leigh.  My mom is my best friend and I wanted the same thing.  I might not ever have these things, but I'm learning day-by-day how awesome it is to be a mom of boys.  And, after all, I'm the Queen Bee around here amongst 3 {yes, my husband counts} boys!

My heart goes out to everyone who has ever had trouble conceiving, or has lost a child.  I know how blessed I am to have not one, but two healthy children.  I can't imagine my life without either of them. So, William or Jackson.. if you two ever read this.. know one thing.  I love you.  I've loved you since I first knew of you.  There is nothing you could do, or say, that will ever change that.  Ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment