Monday, June 4, 2012

SO different.

Being home with Jackson this time around is SOO much different than it was when I was home with Will.  I just went back to look at some posts from good ole 2009, and WHOA.  Hello crazy train.  No wonder I needed a script to keep me balanced.  First, I was trying so hard to put Will on a routine and he was not having it.  Jackson kind of just fell into a routine of sorts because most mornings everyone in the house is up around 6:30.. who can sleep through Will riding his tricycle in your bedroom while pushing the horn and turn signal buttons?! Second, Will did not nap well.  I think the kid should have been one some reflux medicine because looking back, who can nap when their tummy hurts and are always spitting up?  Jackson naps like a champ.  Sometimes he will take a short catnap in between his two marathon naps (one in the morning, like now, and one after lunch), but dude loves to sleep.  And, I held Will for most naps because if I didn't, he didn't nap well.  I made a point to not hold Jackson for every nap, and I think he sleeps better when I'm NOT holding him.  I move around a lot and am always trying to multitask.  He will nap in his bassinet, in the papsan chair, or just on the couch.. again, dude loves to sleep.  Third, I had an unsuccessful time breastfeeding Will for multiple reasons, but we're still going strong this time.. the boob is a wonderful thing.  It's magical.  Jackson's tired? Boob.  Jackson's fussy?  Boob.  It solves all baby problems.  Fourth, Will was still waking up every 3 hours at 3 months of age.  Jackson is two months old today and for the past 2 nights has slept 8 hour stretches. My boobs are killing me when he wakes up, but I will take that!  Go Jackson!

But, Will did seem to (according to blog posts) be more physical - he was batting at toys around this time and enjoyed taking baths where he kicked his feet.  Jackson just kind of lays there, so there is a plus for Will :)  J has his 2 month appt next week, so I am curious to see his stats.

On a side note, this weekend we had a lot of family fun.  Saturday was the annual Celebrate Fuquay festival, and Baba and Papa came to visit.  Will rode the flying helicopters and went down the giant slide.  He had a blast!  It was gorgeous weather so we couldn't have asked for a better day.  He even peed on the potty after getting ice cream from Elliott's Pharmacy.  What made it even more spectacular was that once we got home, EVERYONE was able to nap!  Whoo hoo!!  We finished off the evening by grilling burgers.. num.

The fun was soon interrupted at 11pm when Will woke up spewing vomit.  Good times there.  We saw everything he had eaten that day.. disgusting.  We got that cleaned up, and him cleaned up, and he went back to sleep with no problem.  He woke up and seemed just fine.

Sunday, we took the boys to the pool.  Jackson slept the whole time (shocker), and Will fought us tooth and nail about getting in the water.  Last year, he was so comfy in the water that I really had to watch him to make sure he didn't go out too far.  This year, holy crap.  He is terrified.  Michael and Gregg finally coaxed him into walking into the pool, but if his feet couldn't touch the ground he flipped out.  Luckily, the kid is the height of the normal 4 year old (no, seriously), so he could touch in the shallow end.  But, all fun must come to an end, so we headed home for lunch.  Will didn't want to eat anything, but drank a Capri Sun.  We soon saw all of the Capri Sun again.. I don't know what is up with his random pukes, but he doesn't have a fever and otherwise seems to be acting fine.  Hopefully he doesn't have anymore..

Anyway, Jackson is up, so let me go see what he wants.  Will it be:  a) boob?  b) boob? c) diaper change?, or d) cuddle time?  I'm going to go with a). 

No comments:

Post a Comment