Ok, that last post was a little crazy.. I think it might have been the worst night ever. Will didn't sleep in his bed all night either so I had to deal with that drama around 3:30am. Then, once he did wake up, all was dandy until I went to fix him some oj in one of his sippy cups and he pitched a fit because he wanted it in a "big cup." At that point, I knew that I needed my moms help and I couldn't deal with this child by myself.. I was getting entirely too frustrated with him and being mean. So, mom to the rescue! They came over pretty early so we could take the kiddos to Pullen Park for the first time. Pullen is right near NCSU but they have completely renovated it, so I hadn't been since it reopened. Will was super excited about riding the choo choo train they have there! We met up with some friends who also have 2 year olds in hopes that Will would wear himself out! Well, it wore us out too! It was so hot, but we had a great time. Will even rode the carousel WITHOUT losing his mind. I think it was because we rode a giraffe that didn't move, and he was excited every time we passed the horns and drums that were playing the music. I was astonished!
That night, mom kept Will at her house so that all I had to focus on was Jackson. It was a much needed relief because then I started feeling like I was catching a cold. The next morning, mom brought Will back and I had planned a play date with Jamie and Laura to meet up at BounceU with their little ones. Will decided he wanted to go up the big slide and I was anxious.. last time we were there, I think he had just turned 2, and he got half way up and then freaked out. He looked back at me with those.. "mommy, help" eyes and I lost it. WELL, this time, homeboy just went on up, came on down, and did it about 15 more times. That is all he did for about 30 minutes until we moved to the next room. I was almost moved to tears to see my big boy growing up! That play date tired him out, so we came home, at lunch, and took a nap. No tantrums so far that day = winning. He still stayed with my mom Sunday night because I still wasn't feeling 100% better, and she needed to take him to school in the morning anyway. I have no clue how I would have survived without help this weekend!
But, Michael is home, and things are back to normal! Jackson turned 4 weeks old yesterday, and here are some things about him now:
Likes: sleeping on his tummy and warm baths
Eating Habits: stretching it out to every 3.5-4 hours.. becoming much more efficient so it doesn't take as long!
Sleeping Habits: usually between 7-8 he goes down until 11ish, and then wakes only to eat. He usually stays awake once it is 7am. Takes a good morning nap, eats lunch, stays awake for an hour or so, takes another good afternoon nap. I have started putting him down in his bassinet to nap so that I can get things done and he doesn't get accustomed to being held all the time. When he is awake, he only wants to be held!
New Tricks: he is starting to smile and coo more!
Not So Fun: little buddy gets the worst tummy aches and gas! I hate it when he gets them in the middle of the night too because then it interrupts everyone's sleep! He will just screech and pump his legs out trying to release it. Then, once he does, he is completely content! He is also not a fan of the car seat or car rides.. he will put up with them for a short period of time, and then he usually cries himself into slumber.
What I am Loving Most: He is so easy most of the time. It is relaxing being at home with him.. until about dinner time when he starts to get fussy. Also, I love that Will is obsessed with him! He always wants to mimic what I am doing, including how I talk to him or how I am holding him. It is really cute!
We go back to the doc in a month, so we'll see how much he has grown then!
Back to the Real World
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment