Friday, May 4, 2012

What.A.Night.

 Michael is in Las Vegas for Zach's bachelor party, so tonight it was all me with the 2 boys.  5:00 rolled around and Jackson was still napping.  I figured I should go ahead and get dinner started while he was sleeping so that once he woke up, I could feed him while Will was eating.  I even planned out a "kid friendly" meal to hopefully make it more fun for Will -- mini pizzas on english muffins. 
 
I figured he'd like making his own pizza and he loves pizza, so he'd eat it (which lately has been a battle to get him to eat dinner, especially if he has had a snack ahead of time).  He loves to help cook, so I even let him help me chop the onions and green peppers which served a double duty -- toppings for my pizza tonight, and salsa ingredients for tomorrow
 
I got everything set up for Will to start making his pizzas and it was all fine and dandy for a while.  He seemed to be enjoying it!
 
 Check out our yummy english muffin pizzas.. which Will didn't eat at all.. Awesome..

Once they were ready, of course Jackson wakes up.  So picture this:  Will at the table playing with the left over toppings, me sitting in a chair in the middle of the kitchen watching the oven to make sure they don't burn, and Jackson on the boob.  Talk about multitasking, including opening and closing the oven trying not to drop/burn my 3 week old.  And enter the first tantrum of the night.  Will is too obsessed with his little kid knife to eat.  So, I told him to eat his pizza and put the knife down, which got a prompt "NO" reply.. so after asking again and then playing tug of war until I started the 1...2... counting, he let go, and starting screaming because I took his knife.  This went on for a good while and he refused to eat his pizza... and here I was, eating one handed, still holding Jackson, who was on the boob.  He kept saying he wanted his daddy and that he wanted to get down.. so finally I put Jackson down, and put the knife on top of the fridge, and got him down from his chair.  He didn't like this too much and proceeded to lay face down in the carpet still having his temper tantrum, while I finished feeding Jackson.  At this point it was now around 6.  Michael happened to call during this time and talk to Will a little bit and I lost it.. it was too overwhelming.  I try to play supermom sometimes and tonight it was not working.  After talking with daddy, he was good for about 5 minutes.  Then, it was right back to saying NO to everything I asked.  I went in the kitchen to clean up while Jackson hung out in the swing for a bit, and Will saw a Lunchable that I planned to take to the park with us tomorrow for lunch in the fridge.. he immediately tried to climb up and get it, which I had to say, no.. Start 2nd tantrum of the night.  This time, he got a spanking.  Now, if you're against spanking, then that's your opinion.. Will knows that he gets a spanking when he is being ridiculous, and after how he had been acting so far that night, this was the last straw.  It definitely got his attention and I was able to put him in time out and get him calm enough to talk to me.. because once Will gets told NO.. he goes from 0 to FREAK OUT mode in 0.2 seconds.  I swear, he cries more a day than Jackson does.. it is so frustrating.  ANYWAY, while in time out, I cuddled him and explained that he needed to behave and yadda yadda.  Everything was ok until bedtime.  Jackson had fallen asleep so I put him in the bassinet so I could tend to Will's bath, book, bed routine. It went smoothly..too smoothly. As soon as I went downstairs to tend to the dog and lock up, Jackson is awake and Will is out of his room.   Round 3.  He came into my room where J is now screaming because he is hungry and he starts messing with a medicine syringe and then just throws it down.  I ask him to pick it up.. $10 if you can tell me what he says.... yep.  NO.  So I kind of get frustrated and yell at him to pick it up and then to go to his room.. he left crying.  I felt kind of bad about that one.. but my wires were frayed.  He laid in bed for all of 5 minutes before he was back in my room, but he was calm.. he said it wasn't dark yet.  Damn you daylight savings.  I thought, "ok Will.. touche.."  I gave in and let him lay in the bed with me while I nursed Jackson.  Once it got dark, I told Will it was time to go back to his room.. first response was NO.. I asked nicely again.. this time it was "I got a booger."  So, I told him to to go to the bathroom and use toilet paper.. and then to go to his room... and holy moly.. He listened.  He even turned off the bathroom light when he left.  And, now, all is quiet.  Both boys are sleeping.  

And mom, I know you're going to read this.. so, go ahead and prepare to have Will for the next 2 nights until Michael comes home.  Kthanks.  Love you. :)

Monday cannot come soon enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment