Monday, May 21, 2012

What we've been up to

We have had a lot going on the past week or so, and it isn't going to slow down any.. Michael's birthday is this coming weekend and he is turning the DIRTY THIRTY! He also happens to share his birthday weekend with two other people so we are jam packed with parties!

Jackson made his first trip to "The Dash", aka Winston-Salem, to meet Aunt Jen and Nana for the first time and to celebrate Mother's Day.  Will always loves playing with his Uncle Jon, and we had a good time breaking out Papa's karaoke machine.  He also turned 5 weeks old.. time is flying!


Most of our days are spent lounging around and maybe getting out of the house once.  This is what Jackson does most of the day: 

I've started volunteering at a local retirement community to beef up my application to nursing school.  Last week was my first time helping with BINGO.. and if you know me, you know I love some BINGO.  I was in heaven. I got to help this little old lady with arthritis put her chips on her board.  We won a game too.. little brag.

We have been having a lot of issues with Will listening lately, so our latest "bribe" is to have a Treasure Box.  He can get one thing out of it if he has been good for the day.   His first prize was a new "spray spray" that he can use to clean with.  He is always trying to get into the cabinet to get out the Windex or whatever he can find that sprays, and, I don't want to have to call poison control anytime soon.. so this was a good compromise.
 
Also, Michael rewarded Will one night with cookie baking (yes, this was all my husband's idea).  This was the final product.  
We have been potty training and he has been doing well.. the past few mornings he has had a morning poop, and Daddy did not miss an opprotunity to catch him acting like a man.  He got some new underwear with Superman and friends on it.. I tell him if he pees on Superman it makes him sad..
We went to Riley Pagel's 1st birthday cook out.  Will spent most of his time trying to impress Olivia with his "circus" moves.
 
 
I got to play photographer.
 
And Jackson did what he does best.
 
Pre-Party Pic: This onesie is now in the trash because he had more poop in it up his back than he did in his diaper.  He got to ride home from the party without a shirt on because I remembered everything except an extra change of clothes for him.
 
Michael built me a backdrop stand out of PVC pipe so I can try and take pics of the kids at the house.  I made Will be my first model as he was dressing up as Spider Man.  He corrected us if we called him Will.. he wanted to be called Spider Man.  He also spent this day running around the house, because apparently Spider Man runs really fast.
And, today, Jackson turns 6 weeks old! He is so smiley and loves to be talked to (and he "talks" back!)
 
 So, that's what we've been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment