I feel like I am getting the "Toddler Blues" instead of "Baby Blues." My baby is getting so big and growing up so fast.. he's practically not even a baby anymore.. I find myself getting all teary whenever I start to think about his first birthday.. not to mention that I get consumed in projects like this that it dominates my thoughts and I can't sleep at night. I've gone back and forth about what type of cake, and who to invite, and what else to have, and blah blah blah. Since Will's nickname to me has become "boogie" or "boogs" or "boogsieboo," I can't really get a cake in that theme.. a giant booger smash cake.. AWESOME (sike). So, I don't really know what we're doing for his big first birthday, and it's 1 month away.. aaaaaahhh.
But back to my original thought (helllooo ADD).. I could start crying right now just thinking about my little baby becoming a big boy. I look at his old pictures and it just doesn't look like him anymore. He was so tiny and helpless. He couldn't communicate or move himself. He was so needy and now he is content (most of the time) playing with his toys by himself. I just imagine a few months down the road when he is walking.. and then he's talking.. and then before I know it, I'm taking him to his first day of Kindergarten. People always said, "time flies, they grow up before you know it," and DANG were they right.
Looking back now, I am glad I took that time to rock him to sleep, or to let him nap on my chest because he wants none of that now. I stressed about it up the wazoo when it was going on, but I would give anything to have boogsie fall asleep on me today. So that is my advice to the new mommies out there.. cherish every moment. And, now that my baby is soon to be a toddler, I try to cherish his new milestones and enjoy him growing up (even though it makes me really sad). :( I'll post his "official 11 month" junk later. :)
Back to the Real World
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment