So, you get what you wish for, right? I blabbered about how I miss having Will cuddle with me and sleep in my arms, and blah blah blah...... WELLL.. I got what I wished for.. just not the way I wanted it.
The last couple of nights, Will has woken up around midnight SCREAMING. I'm not talking "crying," I'm talking HYSTERICAL-CAN'T BREATH-SOMEONE IS CHASING YOU WITH A CHAINSAW-screaming. We, of course, run in and comforted him - give him a bottle to calm him down, put him in his crib and he went back to sleep eventually after talking to himself.
Yep. That didn't work last night. Here is the rundown...
5:30- left for Winston-Salem
7:30- arrived at Michael's parent's house.. he did not sleep the whole trip.
8:30- bedtime.. asleep in no time.
10:30 - so it begins... SCREAMING. We go in and pick him up, walk him around, and he is still upset. He has calmed down, but is still acting like something is terribly wrong. After laying with him and he seems ok, we go to put him back in the crib...
11:00 - in crib, immediately initiate FREAK OUT sequence. We thought maybe he would just tire himself out and go to sleep..
11:05 - I can't take it.. I go in, get him, and lay with him in the bed and we watch some t.v.
11:20 - Asleep on my arm.... so sweet. so precious. Ahh..
11:30 - Michael tries to move him to the crib...
11:32 - his cries register on the Richter Scale. This is ridiculous.
11:32:30 - I go get him and burst into tears. It is terrible not being able to comfort your baby. Especially when you don't know what is wrong. Nightmare? Scared of dark? Pain? Michael comes in and makes us a bed on the ground and after about 2 minutes of watching Jay Leno, he fell asleep. I decided this time that I would just stay on the ground. We slept and I woke intermittently to make sure that I hadn't rolled over on top of him, or that he was still breathing. Needless to say, it wasn't the best night sleep I had had.. and it stayed this way until about 5 am..
Once 5 am rolled around, I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I'm sure any mom can attest that once they start sleeping through the night, when they suddenly don't anymore, it hits you hard. I don't know how I use to function on 2-3 hrs of sleep at a time. So, anyway, we get up, feed the dog, visit Daddy, give him a bottle, and try to put him back in the crib..
NOPE. not having it. I mean, you sleep in a crib every night, kid. WTF.
So instead of fighting it, I grab him, put him in the bed - he rolls around, puts his butt in the air, and falls asleep. Thank goodness. Dada let us sleep until around 8 (we had plans to get up early and do some tax-free shopping) and Will would have kept sleeping, but we knew if we let him, his naps would be all jacked up. So we did what any mean parents would do - we woke him up, and he was good to go. He has taken 2 naps today in the evil crib.. but knowing our luck, tonight, he will flip out again.
I guess I will be careful what I wish for from now on. Or, I should be more specific. :) But it was a nice feeling that I could comfort him eventually. And I really wouldn't trade those moments when he places that curly blond hair on my chest. Love that kid. Even at midnight.
Back to the Real World
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment