Thursday, August 19, 2010

Little Brag

Will is doing sooooo good at daycare!! Every day I am amazed when I go to pick him up! First, he takes at least 1 nap every day.. today it was from 11:10-1:10.. who's kid is this!? Second, he eats EVERYTHING they give him. Ms. Victoria (his teacher..love love) is always surprised that he eats as much as he does.. especially since he is on total table food. Third, he seems happy when I pick him up and is already attaching himself to his teacher. That makes you feel like you made the right choice!

And, it is so far better for me too. Like today, for example, my mom called me at 2:50 and said, "hey, are you coming home..I want to come by and see Will for a bit." Now, last year, I would have had to say, "well, I can't pick him up until 3:30.." buttttt now, I just got in the car and went and got him! I get to see what he is playing with and who he is playing with, and I can drop in whenever I want. :) Much more flexible!

They are already "training" him for the toddler room by having him sleep on his crib mat on the floor and trying out sippy cups with meals. At least they wouldn't just throw him into the 1's room without being ready! OH and I've met those teachers.. they seem excellent! I'm sure Will is going to be in great hands!

Moral of the story.. I had a good gut feeling about this place.. yes, it is out of my way, and yes, it is more expensive than some other places.. but as long as things keep going the way they are there.. it was the right choice! And, I teach the director's kid in the spring so I think she is going to try and stay on my good side ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment