I am losing my mind. It is evident by the fact that the past 2 days, I have been a total ra-tard.
Part 1: I showed up at my doctors appt. and the sweet receptionist goes, "Amy, I'm pretty sure you're suppose to be here tomorrow.. let me double check.. um.. yea, tomorrow at 9:45.." Checked my calendar on my phone..yep, tomorrow. Fabulous. I made my sweet mom (shout out: I LOVE YOU, MOMMA!) freak out when she got my email at 8:15 that morning with me saying, "um..so.. didn't think about this.. but I can't take Will to my dr's appt like I planned because he is normally napping then..sooo.. can you come watch him?" She promptly called me and said she needed to hop in the shower and then she'd be on her way.. thank the Lord.. Phone call #2 came to her from inside one of the exam rooms with me going, "um.. yea.. my appointment is tomorrow.. but they're working me in." Mom goes, "you're silly.. you have here on your calendar that it's tomorrow." Idiot.
Part 2: Usually I am on top of all things Will. I know him like the back of my hand.. I know what his cries mean, I know what he is up to even when I can't see him (cat food), and I keep his needs met.. most of the time. So today, I go to make him a bottle and notice that we are pretty much out since he woke up at midnight losing his mind and a bottle was the only thing that could calm him down.. I gave him what I had left and made a mental note that I needed to go to the store. I even made a list for the store.. 1- soy sauce, 2- syrup, 3- formula. I arrive at Food Lion, baby in tow, make my way down the aisle.. pick up some veggies, some yogurt melts, some more cheese and turkey, and I walk by the registers and think to myself, "alright, formula is on sale" and I start practicing in my head what I am going to say to the cashier (the formula is behind the counter).. "one of the milk-based formulas, please." I put everything on the conveyor belt, I hand her my MVP card, swipe my credit card, and come home. Boogs is acting redunkulous since he had only napped for a half hour earlier, and I'm talking to my mom on the phone about how I ran to the store to get formula. I take Will upstairs and put him in his crib, come back down stairs, grab an empty bottle... and $H!T. I forgot the formula. What the hell, Fansler?! Meanwhile, Will is upstairs going BANANAS (b-a-n-a-n-a-s!) and I remember that I got a free sample in the mail of the Enfamil "Next Step" formula for toddlers.. oh well.. As the amazing Tim Gunn would say, "make it work."
So yes, complete and udder ra-tard lately. I feel like I have pregnancy brain all over again....
...not pregnant. definitely not pregnant.. but did I make you wonder?! :) Hopefully I will get my act in gear because we are heading to "The Dash" this weekend.. and apparently that is the cool new way to say Winston-Salem :) Little trivia for you.. there are only 2 cities in N.C. with dashes in their name, and I've lived in both.. WHAT UP, GANGSTA?! If I get on Jeopardy!, that will be what I chat with Alex about. Ok, go back to your exciting life. I'm done. And Boogs went to sleep.. thank the good Lord. :)
Back to the Real World
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment