
So far so good! Feeding is going well - they aren't hurting as much as they were. He is pretty consistent at every 2 hours but sometimes stretches it out. I'm pumping once a day (usually the "bad" boob which this time is the right one) and getting between 0.5-1oz. He is sleeping well and is awake for extended time usually once in the morning around 9-10am and then in the late afternoon. Other than that, the boob puts him to sleep. He is taking a paci but he is very picky and only really likes one kind. We have about a bajillion from Will until he decided which kind he liked and he held onto it until he turned 2... Jackson gets the hiccups ALL the TIME. bless his heart. But, he only really cries when he is wet - and I don't mean with a wet diaper.. like his diaper was full and he wet his clothes, or when we gave him a bath.. that is the only time he really cries. AND, I've only cried maybe a few times.. mostly due to happiness (dang hormonal imbalance). Michael is more sleep deprived from the fact that Will keeps waking up at night and coming into our room wanting to sleep with us.. damn the day he figured out the child-proof door knob lock. I don't blame Will.. it has to be hard for him to understand why Jackson gets to sleep in our room but he can't.. but, I also don't want to be sharing my bed with a toddler who flails his arms around and smacks me in the face all night. Speaking of nighttime, we have nailed the side lying nursing position, which is way better on my back and *don't tell Michael* but it does allow me to doze a little bit.. last night I had a dream that a hammer head shark was biting my butt and I swatted my hands back there to knock it off.. that made the hubby none to happy since attached to my front side was Jackson.. "what if you had slung him off the bed?!" .. I feel like motherly intuition plays a good role in why moms don't fling their newborns or roll over on top of them..
Anyway, I am happy as a clam to be at home with this little man. And, when my other "big boys" come home, my cup runneth over. It just blows my mind sometimes as to how I got this lucky.

No comments:
Post a Comment