Thursday, April 5, 2012

40 weeks, 5 days..

Still no Jackson. We went to the doc this morning and as I could have guessed, no progress. Actually, he said I was dialated less than what the nurse had told us at the hospital, which was frustrating. When Dr. Tosky brought out the Doppler, it took him a second to find the heartbeat which was nerve wracking.. He said that they will schedule an induction for Monday. The questions were risen about why it couldn't be tomorrow -- I'm not 41 weeks. Why can't we do it Saturday? They don't like to do them on the weekends.. it's not "fair" to the docs on call to possibly be there all day/night with someone being induced, keeping them from someone in a real "emergency." I don't know the ins-and-outs of delivery doctors, but I kinda feel like that is their job and that is what they signed up for.. whatever.... So, Monday it is.

They decided to hook me up to the machines just to check and make sure he was active and everything was going ok. The nurse seemed to be a little worried at his activity, but the Dr. Tosky didn't seem to be bothered by it. While being hooked up, I just kind of lost it.. I felt so annoyed that I was still pregnant.. and apparently I can't do anything about it. I just don't go into labor.. I really wanted to avoid being induced and using Pitocin again, but that looks like what is going to happen. It didn't help that they said that being overdue increases your C-section risk, and being induced increases your risk.. so "I'm between a rock and a hard place" so says the doc. Fantastic. Not only am I over due, but I am probably going to give birth to a baby the size of a 3 month old, and if it takes as long as Will did, the C-word will be thrown around and could possibly happen. So, now I'm not only frustrated, but also really anxious at what is ahead. I know he will be worth the wait, but I just hope now everything turns out ok - for me and for him..

In the meantime, we got the rest of our pics back from Jessica at Urban Allure Photography.. I'm glad we will have these to look back on when Jackson finally comes out!

Will looks like a dufus, but that is ok :)

Probably one of my favorites..

Family love.

Just sitting, waiting, wishing..

No comments:

Post a Comment