Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkins + Costumes

I friggin love Fall!! It is my most favorite time of the year. Here's why:

1) Mine and Will's Bdays
2) The colors (oranges, browns, greens, reds, etc)
3) Pumpkin. Ever since my friend Arica made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins :) NumNum.
4) The fair
5) FOOTBALL!
6) Halloween

And this past weekend, we checked 2 of the favorites off the list: Pumpkins and Halloween (Costumes). Yes, I am aware that we are a week away from Halloween, but with kiddos, you have to plan in advance. Last year, Will was a dog and he was too little to really enjoy it and pretty much cried the whole time. We had a new addition to the crew this year - little Kenden Mountford! I hope these kids stay close because they are just too adorable and I love their mommas! BTW, Will hates the fact that his costume goes over his head. He keeps trying to pull it down over his face, but he doesn't quite get that it's attached from the back.

**SIDE NOTE: Today I was corrected by two students regarding the use of "it's." I was using it in the possessive form (ex: It's double helix...) and apparently "its" is how you say it possessively.. it's one of those weird exceptions. "It's," for the record, only means "it is." Ok, back to the post**



We also went to the pumpkin patch at the local Methodist church like we did last year. Man, what a difference a year makes! I know I keep saying that, but it's weird! Last year Will couldn't even sit up and we had to prop him next to a pumpkin. This year, he was walking around and trying to throw the baby pumpkins!



Some of his new "tricks" are blowing on his hand replicating how we blow on his food before we give it to him; hitting his head and trying to say "dolt!" like daddy; trying to do the Itsy Bitsy Spider which is currently his favorite song; and I guess he is trying to tickle himself when we make a buzzing sound like a bee. He be crazy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment