Me: "OOOH that is soooo cute!! Wait, does it say Jake? .. his name is definitely WILL."

YEP. The cake had the wrong name on it. Initiate freak out sequence. I hadn't gotten ready, I hadn't been to the store, the house was no where near ready.. and now we had to deal with this. The husband called her wife, and apparently when I gave her a PROOF of the invitation I was going to use:

since it said Jake Nicholas, she thought his name was Jake.. even though I had made sure to tell her his name.. she got confused.. now, why the fact that it said the party was on Oct. 23rd didn't send up red flags to her, I'll never know.. But anyway, her hubby fixed it and no one would have ever known!
We had so many friends and family come and Will got tons of cute outfits and presents! He didn't tear into the cake like I had expected but he did love hearing everyone singing Happy Birthday to him.. he just stared around in awe!
It was a great day and we are so incredibly blessed. It has been one crazy, exciting year. :) Hopefully this next one will be just as good! So, here's to you JAKE. We love you!!

OMG! I would have lost it- AND right now I'm losing it...BUT in a different way!! I seriously laughed til I cried!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad everything turned out good though!
Happy Birthday sweet Jake, I mean Will!