Birthday outfit for daycare! 6am.. he still looks kinda sleepy!
Well.. it's here.. today was Will's 1st birthday.. it seems like this year has flown by! I feel like it was just yesterday that I was "Blogging Through Contractions." However, today was somewhat bittersweet. Yesterday (9/2), we lost Papa Fansler. He had been dealing with limited lung functions, pneumonia, and a tumor for a while now, but it was still pretty sudden. Michael just visited him Sunday and thankfully took Will by to see him too. I can't help but think how weird it is that the man William was named after died the day before his 1st birthday. So, this weekend, we will not only be celebrating the life of William Preston Fansler, but also the first year of William Mitchell Fansler. RIP.

Considering the circumstances, Michael left for Winston-Salem on Thursday night so it was up to me to celebrate William's first birthday breakfast by myself. He was all dressed in his "Birthday Boy" outfit to daycare, and sure enough, he wasn't wearing it when I picked him up :) Apparently, he had a birthday blow-out.
Once in Winston, we had a mini-party with cookie cake and presents. He didn't much enjoy the cake.. but it could have had something to do with the fact that Aunt Jen was covering his face in icing on purpose. If "It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want to" was playing, it would have been perfect. I think for his real party on Sunday, we will have to keep him really calm the whole day so that he is not in sensory overload by the time the party starts! He did enjoy playing with his new presents though.. he is so spoiled!! :)
Michael got the cake he wanted in the Superman theme, since I shot it down for his real party.
Mess courtesy of Aunt JenThis weekend is going to be jam packed, but we will be surrounded by wonderful family and friends, who (whom? I dunno..) without we wouldn't have made it through this amazing year. Happy Birthday, Boogsie! Mommy loves you!
Deer in the headlights?
No comments:
Post a Comment