Friday, November 20, 2009

Just keep swimming...

..yes, that is a quote from Finding Nemo.. but it just reminds me that when things are down, you just gotta keep going.. :)

Last night, Will ate dinner at 6, had a bath at 6:30, and was in the crib and asleep by 7.. he stirred and woke up many times but put himself back to sleep each time.. I was amazed.. especially when he didn't wake up at 9 to eat.. I "dreamfed" him at 10 (basically you keep them in their bed, asleep, and just put the bottle in their mouth and they start eating without waking up) hoping to get some food in him before the night ahead. He woke up a little after he was done eating, but again, he put himself back to sleep. He woke up at 3 to eat, but didn't take a full bottle so I am starting to think he doesn't really need it. Then he slept until 6 when he started crying for me to come get him. And our day began!

He ate, and then took his two hour morning nap in our bed like we do every morning; woke up, ate, and within an hour later, he is sleeping in his crib. He cried at the very beginning but it was more like a fussy whine than a real cry.. again, I am not trying to let him "cry it out" until he falls asleep due to exhaustion.. I honestly thought that is how he would behave, but surprisingly, he doesn't cry that much. So, in summary, yesterday morning it took him 45 minutes to go to sleep. This morning, he was asleep after 30 minutes. Hopefully the trend will continue. :) We are visiting Grandma and Grandpa in Winston-Salem this weekend, so I am not sure how the change of scenery will affect things.. I am going to try and keep everything else consistent so hopefully we don't backtrack.

I'm feeling more optimistic today, so that is a win in itself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment