Thursday, November 19, 2009

11 weeks



So after my previous post, I started putting Will down pretty much awake - as soon as I saw that he was yawning or acting tired. It took (at most) today, 45 minutes for him to settle himself to sleep. He cried minimally on and off. He never got hysterical, and surprisingly he just laid there most of the time sucking on his fingers and looking at the letters hanging on his wall. But, once 30-45 minutes had passed and I had gone to check on him once or twice to replace the pacifier or just to shhhhh him, he slept. He went to sleep on his own, and that is the entire goal. He took 3 naps today this way, and each time he put himself to sleep for 45 minutes...the one before dinner he slept for almost an hour!!!! I am determined to stop focusing on what is going wrong and start focusing on what is going right. So although it is taking a while to accomplish, hopefully if I stay consistent, it will take less and less for him to fall asleep.

He is 11 weeks old today, and although I get frustrated at times, I am so thankful for him. These are the days we will never get back and I need to start cherishing them more, regardless of how much he has slept, or cried, or spit up. I really do adore him, which is why I just want to do everything "right."

But anyway, who wouldn't love a face like this:

...or how about this face..hahaha

that's my boy.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment