He's coming!! This morning around 4am I felt some "leakage" so I went to the restroom only to see that it was not stopping.. I yelled for Michael about 10 minutes later and we decided that my water had probably broken.. SINCE IT WAS NOT STOPPING! For a minute I felt like a 90 yr old woman who couldn't control her bladder anymore! We waited around until about 5:30 and I decided to take a shower and then call the doc. She said to come on down to the hospital since it seemed as though my water had broken. Of course it took us FOREVER to get out of the house.. Poor Daisy didn't know what was going on! We finally got to the hospital around 6:45ish and got admitted. My question was "so, do I need to call in a sub or are yall going to send me home?" <-- my contractions were not very regular or strong so Michael and I doubted I was in "real" labor --> The nurse promptly said "oh yes! you're not going anywhere.. you're having this baby today!"...... and then reality sank in.. we were about to have a baby.. whooooaaaaaaa.....
They examined me and said I was 2cm and 60% effaced but this was at about 8am and since my water broke 4 hrs earlier, the clock was ticking.. Unfortunately, the one doc I do not care for so much at the practice is the one on call.. he is the same one who told me I was taking a "ten pound liberty with my weight".. awesome.. I get to deal with him all day.. ANYWAY- he said to get Pitocin going so my contractions would beef up, and oh how they have. It is about 10:30 now and I am having contractions every 2-3min or so.. They aren't tooo tooo bad, so I am waiting it out before I ask for drugs..
The nurse just came in and laughed because I am sitting here with a laptop on my lap and texting on my cell phone over my tummy.. haha. I guess it is pretty strange..
I'll put an update up later! :) :)
Back to the Real World
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment