Saturday, September 12, 2009

1 week down..

YAY! We survived the first week! William pooped on me during a diaper change because I picked him up without a diaper on (I will not make that mistake again). We gave him a sponge bath, which the first time he did not like at all, but subsequently seemed to enjoy them. He is a perfect baby during the day - breastfeeds well, sleeps for 2-3 hours at a time, and is pleasant.... then it becomes evening.. he has started cluster feeding I think between 11-1.. He is just cranky and is always rooting for food no matter that I had just fed him. Since the doc said to supplement with formula, we have been doing that mostly in these evening hours. I've had issues with using formula (mostly a pride thing) but I'm dealing.. I just need to keep in mind that if I am breaking down from exhaustion, it does him no good.. so if that means giving him an ounce of formula at 1am, then thats what needs to happen. We'll see how it goes over the next few weeks.. hopefully it will get easier and he'll start sleeping more at night..wishful thoughts :)

Daisy has been really good with Will - she likes to be where he is and gets worried when she can't see him. We put him in his pack and play and she can't see him, so she whines until we say that he's ok. She likes to lick his feet, too :)

Overall, we are doing well! We are adjusting and it is getting easier day by day. The MIL has stayed with us all week and it has been a lifesaver. I'm not sure how next week will go..

Will gets to meet his other Aunt today (Jennifer) but will have to wait a little longer to meet Uncle Jon! I'll post new pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment