Michael slept downstairs last night and I would call him on his cell when it was time to bring up a bottle. He was dead yesterday, running on no sleep and he didn't nap at all, unlike me. I'm finding that if I can atleast get a few hours of sleep at night and then a short nap or two during the day, that I can function fine. I'm just hoping it starts getting better :)
He is a great baby though. He rarely cries for no reason. I usually feed him when I start to see the cues, so the only real time he cries is when his diaper is dirty. He lets out a very high pitched "eeeeeek" and then freaks out. He likes being in the swing and riding in the car. He makes the funniest facial expressions, especially when he is sleeping. It makes me wonder what he's thinking about. He looooves his pacifiers! He will go to town on one of those, especially during diaper changes or after a feeding. The pediatrician was amazed at how well he was behaving during his exam. I hope that stays the same!
Anyway, we're adjusting. It's hard, but it's everything I've ever imagined and more.
The perfect song right now: Darius Rucker ~ It Won't Be Like This For Long
It won’t be like this for long
One day soon we'll look back laughin’
At the week we brought him home
This phase is gonna fly by
So baby just hold on
‘Cause it won't be like this for long

Just found your blog. Glad things are going fairly well. Hope to meet him soon. I'll hit up Fansy if i come to Raleigh. I'm going to try to get to a game this year.
ReplyDeleteBH