Thursday, January 13, 2011

What an afternoon...

It started out pretty typical but when I went to get Will from daycare, they said he had been fussy and crying all afternoon.. not to mention he didn't eat hardly anything today. Now, I'm use to him not eating at home but he usually eats really well at daycare. Once he saw me, he immediately wanted me to pick him up and wouldn't stop whining until I did. I figured it was time to call the doctor again.. he just hasn't been himself... waking up in the middle of the night, overly fussy, low appetite, etc.
So I called the doctor and they said to bring him in in about an hour. I didn't want to go home because then I would just have to turn back around and leave again, so I thought I would treat Will to some McD's. We ate some chicken nuggets and then he played for a bit.. then we went right on to the doctor's office. Sure enough, she checked and his ears were STILL infected. No wonder he's been pissed. I asked as well about tubes but she said that he hadn't had so many that she felt they were necessary.. plus Spring is around the corner (thank God) and his runny nose should subside.

Anywho. Since I had fed him and Michael was on his way home but not feeling well, I thought it would be an OK idea to wait for his prescription at CVS.

NEVER.

AGAIN.

First, trying to entertain a toddler in CVS for 30 minutes is ridiculous. He picked up EVERYTHING and kept knocking things off shelves. Then I got him fixated on a ball, so that was good. I ended up buying some more wrapping paper (because I really need more... *sarcasm*) because it was 75% off.. I couldn't resist. Then, I bought this "As Seen on TV" jewelry thing because I need something to hang my necklaces up on so they don't get tangled. THEN, Will's nose started running, so I had to buy some Kleenex so I could wipe it. THEN, oh there's more.. HE FOUND THE GERBER SNACKS. These freeze-dried yogurt melts, Puffs, and Crunchies that look like Cheetos are like crack to my kid. He pitched a major fit until I opened them, so of course I had to pay for that. 45 minutes later, I leave with his prescription in hand.. They were really short staffed and there was a line of 7 people waiting for 'scripts. On the way home we go..

But it gets better...

I get home and give Will a bath, and get ready to give him his medicine and it's still in powder form. Even though it says MIX in giant letters on the package, someone can't read. I mean, REALLY PEOPLE!? I waited 45 minutes for you to grab a bottle off the shelf and you can't even mix it for me?! WHAT?!

OBVIOUSLY I called them and gave them my 2 cents and asked for directions on how to mix it myself.. What made it worse was she was like, "oh that sounds familiar.. were you just here." UH YEA. FOR FORTY-FIVE MINUTES WITH A WHINY TODDLER! AAGH.

Needless to say, CVS is on my poop list. Come on PHARMACY TECHs.. If I can add 50mL of water using a 5mL syringe and shake.. you can too. It's not that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment