We took Will to the doctor this evening only to find out that his ears STILL have puss in them.. that makes it about 6 weeks that his ears have been infected.. two different antibiotics later and he's still not better. So, tonight they decided to inject him with antibiotics. Two huge needles with some antibiotic that starts with a vowel {m.o.t.y., I know..but I was more concerned with the fact that they were giving him a shot and not so much with the name} AND lidocaine mixed in. So, not only do I know that needles hurt, but apparently these must hurt a lot for them to add a numbing agent.. poor baby.
What's even worse is that he has to go back the next two days for more of the antibiotic to hopefully nip it in the bud. I asked AGAIN about tubes and this time he said, "you might be visiting an ENT soon." Grrrreat.
If that weren't it.. he said Will probably had a cold or the flu.. and considering NONE of the Fanslers had their flu shot this year.. it wouldn't be out of the question. I felt like donkey last weekend. Michael felt like ish this week. And Will has been coughing, sneezing, gooey-green runny nose-ing, and feverish since Friday night. I guess the bug got us.
To top it all off, the spring semester starts tomorrow and I feel sick to my stomach. I've been snuggling boogsie all weekend because he felt bad, and now I feel like I've caught it all over again. yay.
But hopefully he'll start feeling like his normal "I like to run into walls and say OUCH" self again. On a brighter note, I did discover two things about him that I didn't know previously.
1) He has a patch of baby fur left on his back. It's my new favorite thing. I like to rub it... now that I'm saying this, it seems kind of weird... hmm. Well, it takes me back to when he was an infant and it's a little reminder that he use to be tiny. :) I tried to take a picture of it, but Michael said that I was acting insane.. "who does that?" he said.. apparently I do.
2) He has a fascination with sticking his index finger in the loop of the tag on his Softy. I think it's like a soothing ritual for him as he prepares to go to sleep. AND he doesn't like for you to try and help. I tried to open it up wider, and he just snatched his Softy away from me. Oh well.
Back to the Real World
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment