Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Long time no blog!


William - 13wks.. Go Chargers :)

Ok, so I have been a little slack... all this going back to work nonsense is getting in the way of my blogging :) But, seriously, nothing is really new with the Willster. He is 14.4lbs and about 26in long.. he is wearing 3 month size clothing, but his legs are so dang long that they always look like high waters.. He is becoming more and more aware of his hands and is getting really good at grabbing things on his own. He likes to put his fist in the air and stare at it as he lifts each finger one by one. Sometimes, he'll even fist pound you, which is cute :)

I have been sick for the past few days, and if I thought being a working mommy was hard, nothing compares to feeling like crap, having to work, and then your real job starts when you go pick up your kid from daycare. It is 24/7, and it leaves little time to rest. So, the past few days have been really hard around the Fansler household.. I think I must have been sleep deprived because one night this weekend, I woke up at 6am to discover that Will was still sleeping. I thought to myself, "wow! He slept 6 hours straight AGAIN! Go WILL!" Then, Michael noticed that the sound was turned all the way down on the monitor.. hmmm.. Did I do that in my sleep?? We have one of those monitors that shows video, so I started looking at it.. and it appeared as though Will was laying in his usual form - arms bent beside his head, but I couldn't see his face.. I kept staring and thought maybe he had the blanket up around his face.. Oh No! So I went in his room, and where the sleep positioner and blanket was, WILL WAS NOT. For a split second I freaked out and thought, "Where is my baby?!" Then, I looked at the corner of the crib and there he was laying sideways nudged up against the bumper.... WITH A BLANKIE OVER HIS FACE! *insert HEART ATTACK here*.. I immediately pulled the blankie off and Thank the Lord, he moved... I guess I turned the monitor down either when I got up with him at 1, or when he started stirring around 3am, but I don't remember.. I am assuming he moved himself when he was crying.. so not only did I feel guilty about turning the volume down, but knowing that he was having a fit so much that he moved himself to the edge of the crib makes me feel once again like "mom of the year." From that night forward, Michael has slept with the monitor on his side of the bed and we cleared all things from the crib.

We did go get his Christmas pictures done because I am a little fanatical about photos and holidays.. I picked him up from daycare and just drove straight to the mall.. we did a little shopping and he took a quick nap in the Baby Bjorn... once it came our time for photos.. the poor fella was just not in the mood for all the flashing and Santa. He tried though, and he gave me a few cute pics - but he seriously had a meltdown and had everyone staring.. Michael took him home early and he cried the entire way home until he passed out due to exhaustion.. sorry Will.. again, "mom of the year."
William - 14wks


Will's first time in the Bumbo chair!!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet pic of William in his Chargers gear. My brother got a set of 3 Chargers onesies for Kessler this Christmas. So, our boys will be cheering on the Bolts in the playoffs together.

    ReplyDelete