Dear Will,
I cannot believe that in a week and a half you will be 2 months old! It seems like only yesterday we were at the hospital waiting on the lab technician to come in and prick your foot so we could go home. It has been challenging and fun, but most of all, worth every minute.
So many things have changed since you have been home.. you are more awake during the day and love to lay on the floor looking above at toys. You make noises other than crying like "ahhh" and "guuuh." You smile and respond when people play with you. I love your little grin. It makes me giggle and I feel like it is your little way of saying "I love you, mommy" or "Mommy, you're so silly!" You still like to eat a lot - every 2.5-3.5 hours and you eat 3-4oz at a time. Right now you weigh about 11.5 lbs which is way more than the 8lbs 1ozs you were when we brought you home.
You are a snugglebug!! You sleep best when someone is holding you and you will not fall asleep if someone just lays you down while you are drowsy. You will catnap if left by yourself, but you will sleep for an hour or so if I am holding you. I don't get a lot done this way, but I love cuddling with you. It breaks my heart to hear you cry, especially when all you want is my attention. I would also like to bring up one of your not-so endearing qualities... your gas. You are a pooter and a pooper!! The face you make when trying to "doodie" and the grunts that come out of you are hilarious!
We have a great deal of fun during the day (as long as you are in a good mood) and I get sad to think that in a month I will have to go back to work. Your nighttime routine is evolving.. daddy gets home right about the time you are fussy (unfortunately for him) and we feed you around 7pm. Then we give you a bath which you seem to like so far. You do not like when you get out of the bath and are cold!! We change your diaper, rub you with some baby lotion, and put on a new onesie. Then we start to settle you down for bed. You need to be rocked, swaddled, shushed, and given a paci to go to sleep. Right now, you eat around 10pm, 12am, and 4am, before wanting to get going around 7am, so we're getting more sleep, but we would appreciate more... You have very strong legs and love to kick, so maybe you'll want to play soccer! You are gaining more control with your head, but it still is a little wobbly.
Today you followed with your head where you heard a rattle and you acted surprised when I made the "fart" noise with my mouth. It is amazing to play with you now and realize how much you have changed over the course of 6 weeks. I would love to be in your head for 5 minutes just to see what it is like - especially when you seem as though you are in deep thought (like looking out the car window).
I read to you daily, but you do not seem that interested. Today I was reading "What do you do with a tail like this" and I looked over and you were sound asleep. I didn't bother you :)
I love you very much (even on the worst of days) and you bring me more joy than I ever thought imaginable. I cannot wait to see how much you grow and change and I will cherish every minute. I hope you think I am doing a good job, because I am trying very hard. You are a very sweet baby and your daddy and I feel very blessed to have you as a part of our lives now.
I love you, little buddy!
-Your Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment