Tuesday, October 13, 2009

6 week-a-roo



William is almost 6 weeks old!! Time is flying by! Each day we get up and going between 8:30-9:30 and have our morning feeding. Then, as William sits and stares (usually at the wall) I quickly get dressed, brush my teeth, etc. I have started utilizing his awesome nursery each morning by changing his diaper and clothes in there, and giving his little face and hands a wipe down. We then sit in the rocking chair we got from my stepdad and read a book until he starts squirming. I put him in his crib to watch the mobile just long enough for me to get anything else I need done or gathered together before we move the party downstairs. By this point, he is probably starting to get a little cranky and ready for a morning nap. We try and get out of the house once a day to either run errands or just to drive around. I got the "ok" from the doctor yesterday, so hopefully we'll start getting out and taking walks around the block as long as the weather cooperates. The rest of the day consists of eating, fussing, and sleeping until Michael comes home. We have started giving Will baths in the evening, and the first time he absolutely hated it!! The last few times, we have bathed him with a full tummy and he seems to mind it less. Last night, Will saved up all of his poop for the day and let it all go at one time and it went EVERYWHERE.. out the front of his diaper, out the back, out the side.... EVERYWHERE! We had to hold him under the faucet before even putting him in his baby tub! It was grosss... We almost took a picture, but then we figured no one would want to see that mess! He is starting to sleep longer at night and only wakes up 3 times (usually during the hours of 12, 2, and 5). Hopefully one of these feedings will drop off soon. Apparently a baby only needs to be 11 pounds to not "technically" need a nighttime feeding and Will is over 11 pounds. But, I think he is above average for his age, so maybe he needs more time :) Besides, I've gotten use to it. Anyway, we are doing well and things are getting easier and easier! We're lovin' life!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures!!!! So glad you are getting into a routine.

    ReplyDelete