Michael and I just returned from our "babymoon" in Myrtle Beach. It was nice to get away just the two of us. The weather was wonderful- not too hot, only rained at night, and the humidity was bearable. It feels great to float in water, so with the ocean and pool this weekend, I was in paradise :) Michael kicked my tail at putt-putt as usual, we ate a lot of good food, and even visited the outlets. You know you're getting old/about to have a baby when you go to the outlets and you only buy stuff for the little one. Michael found two infant t-shirts at Old Navy that have old school comic book characters on it, and it was pretty much the best day for him! I think he probably would have bought one in every size if I would have let hm. I went to the doc this morning for my routine 2-week check up and my belly is growing right along where it is suppose to.. my weight is getting up there so the doctor recommended that I watch my starch intake (which is pretty much all my favorite foods) and bulk up on protein (which is not my favorite at all..). So, that stinks. Not only am I losing my body to this baby, but now I can't eat french fries or fruit snacks...WhAT?! All these sacrifices will be worth it come September.
On a brighter note, Michael helped finish the letters for the nursery wall and hung them up...which was a task in itself-- the nails did not want to go in the wood, and then he had to deal with my anal retentiveness of hanging them perfectly on the wall. He's pretty much the best husband ever. The nursery feels like it is coming together and I can't wait for it to be finished!! Here is a picture of what the wall looks like now:

No comments:
Post a Comment