Wednesday, March 27, 2013

ZzzZzzZzzZZzZZz

And no, this is not a snoozer of a post. And yes, I know what you're thinking.. AMY IS BLOGGING? WHHHHAT?! Yea, yea, yea.. I know I've been slack. Whatever. :) The reason for the ZzZs is that we have started noticing that Will snores.... a lot... and loudly.. every night. Most nights he stirs himself awake and the rest of the time he tosses and turns. Michael's dad has sleep apnea so we're aware of what it is.. so one night we recorded his snoring. It was rediculous and sounded like an old man. I made an appt with his ENT and Michael had the pleasure of taking him to that. He let the doc listen to our recording and immediately the dr said that it wasn't normal. He could tell by the sound of his breathing that he might have sleep apnea - he didn't even make us do a sleep study.. AND since our high deductable resets April 1st, we thought we might as well take care of it since we are only a few hundred off meeting our $5,200 deductable (wowza. I know). It has been a rough year for the Fanslas in terms of medical care.. So where are we now? Well, this morning Michael brought Will to an outpatient facility with Duke Hospitals to have his adenoids and tonsils removed. He made it through surgery like a champ. He did wake up crying and Michael said he was pitiful.. he only wanted to sleep on him for 2 hours. I came up after school and for some reason they require the kids to stay over night.. no other person I know had to have their kids stay over night.. so I dunno.. whatever.. ANYWAY, he is asleep now and I'm doing this and watching Duck Dynasty. He has been in pretty high spirits and has even eaten some mac and cheese. He only cries when it is time for medicine because he says it hurts his throat. We go home tomorrow at 7am.. hopefully he bounces back faster than I did when I had my tonsils taken out.. Ouchers. The best part of the night was we Skyped with my mom to see Jacksonboo and one of the first things Will says is "GUH GUH.. LOOOK.. (opens mouth).. NO TONSILS." so cute, buddy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment