Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving!

This year has been incredibly wonderful. 

The addition of Jackson to our family has made my heart overflow with joy :)  He is the sweetest, cuddliest, cutest little fella!  We had two Thanksgiving's this year - last weekend we travelled to Charlotte to have lunch with the Fansler side of the family at Jennifer and Jon's first home.  It was delicious and everyone had a great time.  Then, today we had Thanksgiving at mom's house and it too was nummy.  Jackson's favorite Thanksgiving food?? Pumpkin pie.  Homeboy was demolishing it.  Now I have to deal with the epic poops that will come from it.  Speaking of poops, Will had and has no problem pooping.  He is a once a day-er and he poops like a man.  Jackson, on the other hand, was constipated for a few days and then pooped 4 times in one day.  He grunts and grunts and finally squeezes out a poop (which is what he is doing now), so I feel so bad for him.  His tummy must hurt :(  

The other thing I am incredibly grateful for is this love turned hobby turned side job of photography.  Never in my life would I have guessed that I would have enough interest in my work that I would have to turn down appointments.  The only tough thing is that I really only have the weekends to do shoots, and it gets exhausting devoting almost every weekend to shooting and editing.  I don't want my family to get the short end of the stick.  When I can, I schedule them during the week or I try and do multiple in a day so that it only uses up one of my weekend days.   I did a Holiday Mini Session blitz yesterday -- one person after another from 9am-2:30.. I am POOPED.  My knees are all bruised from being on them all day.  I now have quite a load of work to do, but I loved it.  I can't wait to do my own family for our Christmas cards.. I have a cute idea up my sleeve.. we'll see if it works out :)

Anyway, gotta go change a poopy diaper (finally).  Lots of love to you and yours! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment