This will be a selfish blog post all about me. And it's a little bit of a pity party.. just stating that in advance..
So, I've realized that this last year has been kind of a "mid-life crisis" kind of year for me. I realized that I had been married for 5 years, pregnant with my 2nd kid, and I wasn't in love with my job anymore. I was ready to do something for me that I had always talked myself out of for one reason or another. I decided to take some pre-reqs to try and get into nursing school at UNC. Nursing is particularly inviting to me because it is a flexible job but with a good pay. Teachers have a flexible schedule, and I am out by 3:30 every day, with summers off.. but every day I feel like I am doing the same crap just a different day. I don't buy into all the new mumbo jumbo and the latest "this will definitely help our kids succeed" plan. What happened to "do your damn work because I said so"? I know it wasn't that long ago since I was in school, but I swear.. things were different. ANYWAY..
I busted my tail to take Statistics and Human Physiology, while pregnant, while teaching, and while trying to still be a good mom and wife all to meet the deadline to apply for the Spring 2013 cohort. I found out today that I got waitlisted... "hey, that's better than a rejection!".... yea, but no one ever gets in after being on a waitlist. This is a highly competitive program.. Not to mention, that this was my LAST chance to get in without having to re-take more classes.. classes that I've already taken.. and passed.. they just happen to be 10 years old.. what a waste of money and time.. I'm so bummed.. I think I'm mostly bummed because in my head I had already checked out of school for the year.. I didn't think I was going to be around in the spring.. and now I am (possibly).. So pooooo.. POO ON YOU, UNC.. POO ON YOU..
I'll retract that POO if you accept me.. please?
Back to the Real World
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment