Jackson:
Stats:
Weight: 16 lbs 6 oz (29%) -- way down from 4 month check-up
Length: 26.5 in (52%) -- only grew a 1/2 inch in 2 months..
Head: 17.5 in (69%) -- that grew.. woo hoo!
Eating Habits: During the day he will take a bottle every 3-4 hours. He looooves rice cereal and they give him that and oatmeal at school. He has started eating some solid foods, but hates the green ones so far. He gags.. it's sad. I try to give him solids at supper time.. I am going to start trying fruits soon. He likes trying to grab and eat Puffs.. and Will loves it too because Jackson shares with him... and Daisy...The doctor told me he should be sleeping through the night by now, so I should start weaning those nighttime feedings... yea, easier said than done.
Sleeping Habits: By the time we get home, he is pooped and is ready to go to sleep. Usually, I try to keep him awake until 6pm.. and like I've said.. he wakes up a couple times a night.. and he is usually up by 5:30.
![]() |
| Taking a nap on the couch :) |
Not So Fun: The only thing I am absolutely hating is him sleeping at night.. I would die if I didn't have caffeine in the morning.. and my poor students.. by the end of the day, I am completely wiped out. Most nights, I am asleep by 9..
What I Am Loving Most: I love watching Will and him interact. He likes to blow on his belly and make him giggle, and as soon as I get Will from his classroom, he has to come and hug Jackson. When Jackson grabs something of Will's, in the cutest voice ever, he goes, "No Gakson..." :) Love my boys!
William:
Stats:
Weight: 33.5 lbs (66%)
Length: 39.5 in (87%)
BMI: 15.1 (20%)
...still long and lean like his daddy.
I decided that Will was going to get a flu shot this year (did he get one last year??) and he is old enough to know what a shot is and that it is going to hurt. I tried to prep him the best I could but I didn't know how he would react to it.. weirdo wanted to watch! The nurse told him he should probably look out the window to see if there were any animals out there. He cried for a hot 2 seconds and then stopped.. I was amazed. The only concerns I talked with the doctor about was his speech. He said that by age 3, you should understand about 75% of what a child says and by age 4, everything. His speech is a lot harder to understand than anyone else in his class and I blame the ear infections. It is getting better and there are few instances where we have no clue what he is saying. He is good about repeating it or showing us what he is talking about. We'll keep monitoring it and hopefully we won't feel like we need to take him to a speech therapist.
Fun Things: Will has such a sense of humor and loves to be silly. He pretend plays, sings, dances, and plays instruments. He is enjoying watching old Looney Toons episodes and frequently asks to watch "Inja Turtles." He is learning so much and is becoming really good at telling me what letter things start with by sounding them out. He loves school and his favorite center is Housekeeping. He is still obsessed with superheros and says he wants to be a superhero when he grows up so that he can fight bad guys. He also says that policeman catch bad guys and then give them a spanking. He is so observant and picks up on things so easily. And, if you tell him something once, he remembers it. He has a crazy good memory for little things. His favorite food is still macaroni and cheese. He still sleeps with his softies. He loves to randomly give you a kiss on the cheek :) He really enjoys, AND SITS AND WATCHES, Wolfpack football!!
![]() |
| I have no idea where he got his crazy from.. |
Not So Fun Things: We had to institute a stoplight system in our house whenever Will started acting up so that there were consequences and rewards for his behavior. Michael and I have been so exhausted lately that Will was starting to spend more and more time on the iPad while we either handled Jackson, cooked dinner, or just vegged out. I think this started interfering with our bedtime routine because a) he wasn't getting energy out, and b) the bright light was stimulating. So, now, if he has been good and is on green, he gets to watch something for about 30 minutes before bath or about a half our before bedtime. Sometimes he still fights us to go to sleep, but it seems like since we have cut back the TV/iPad/Movie time it has been easier. He does not want to go to yellow on the stoplight and will usually correct his behavior quickly. he doesn't like to get told that he can't do something or that he can't have something.. so as long as it is approached ahead of time, he handles it better.. for example, "when we get home, you can have one snack and that is it.. no more food until dinner" verses he comes in, wants a snack, I give it to him, and then he wants another, and I tell him no.. that turns into a tantrum. He hasn't had a pee or poop accident in his undies in a long time.. but sometimes he still has an accident at night.. but he is quick to tell you, "dats ok, it was an accident." But, other than those typical 3 year old issues, he is pretty good. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment