Sunday, September 23, 2012

Slacktastic.

Yeaaaa... we've been busy.  Here are some September highlights:

1.  Will had his 3rd birthday party at Monkey Joe's and for the first time, he invited friends from his school.  They had the best time playing with each other!  The theme was.. shocker.. Super Heros.  He is a little obsessed.. this morning, he made me come to the bonus room to fight Sandman and other bad guys.  He is getting so big :(  He fights taking a nap on weekends, but otherwise has been on pretty good behavior lately.  He has gone to the first 2 Wolfpack home games with Michael and loves every minute of it.  And, he got a big boy bed for his birthday. :)


2.  Jackson can roll over both ways and is starting to sit up unassisted for longer periods of time.  He is still waking up about once a night to eat.  I had to start giving him formula because he was eating more than I was pumping, so now he takes mixed bottles.  We have also tried him on some baby food -- he gagged at peas and Aunt Kelly was able to feed him almost a whole container of sweet potatoes.

 3.  Michael has hurt his back and asked a guy mowing the lawn next door to mow ours.  The next day, the guy sends Michael a text asking which security system we have.  Why is this relevant?  Well.. we've had some break-ins in our neighborhoods and the surrounding ones.  The police say that one thing they do is come to the door and ask if we have a security system and if we'd like to upgrade.  This made Michael feel iffy, so he decided to come home for lunch and check on the house.  Sure enough, they tried to break into our house by breaking the glass in the backdoor.  The guy who text him is a dad of a girl in our neighborhood and mows grass just to keep busy, so he isn't the perp.. but it is very coincidental that he text Michael that.  Anyway, thanks to our great neighbor, we got our door replaced and are only out a couple hundred bucks instead of a lot more. 

4.  I've really started investing a lot of time into my photography.  I have found that I really enjoy not only taking the pictures, but then editing them so they come to life.  I still have a lot to learn, but I'm hoping I can do this on the side to make a little extra $.  I had my first paying client just last weekend, and already have another one booked in October.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment