Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer Slackin'!

I haven't posted in oh.. two weeks and some.  Sorry-- it's been a little busy around the Fansler house.  Being a stay-at-home mom is NO JOKE.  I kind of describe it as juggling.. when one is hungry, the other wants to play.. when one is sleeping, the other wants to play.. when one is playing, the other one wants to be putting his sticky, food-covered, hands all over the other one.  It's nuts around here sometimes.  But, there are rare occasions when both are sleeping {hence how I can write a post.}  So, I apologize for the lack of amazing updates..

Each day, I try to plan something to do that gets us out of the house.  Usually it is going to a park, or the bounce house place, or shopping, or SOMETHING.. otherwise, we all go a little stir crazy.  Lately J-bug has been waking up twice a night.. once usually around midnight and the other around 3:30.. and then he is bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6:30 when Thing #1 wakes up.  We get really early starts.. which is probably going to  be a blessing in disguise since I start back to work (for the first time since March 31st..) in a few weeks.  We decided to enroll Jackson at Will's daycare after scouring Facebook/Craigslist for a suitable sitter, only to not really be impressed by anyone.  Most people either:

a) sound uneducated.  Ex:  " i had work more than 3 years at the Gym at kids club in cary with all ages. we have many activites every day coloring ,crafts,play in and out side , music&movement
and dance, play game ,story time.,nap time and more. I looking to star any time in this month. i provid them snack and juice ."   <-- SERIOUSLY?

b) lived out of what is a convenient range for us -- I have to be at work at 7am (no more 1st period planning when I could just stroll in whenever.. *sniff*..) and it didn't make sense for me to drive 10 minutes one way to turn around and drive 10 minutes back to work.. or make Michael take both of the kids in the morning to separate places and still get to work at a reasonable hour.

c)  were keeping too many kids already.  The one lady we met with had 3 kids of her own, so by law, she could only keep 2 additional children.  Her youngest was 6 weeks younger than Jackson, then she had a 2 yr old, and a 4 yr old, with another 2.5 coming.  I have a hard time managing one infant and a toddler.. I have no clue how she can do it with that many.  So, she was nice, but I had way too much anxiety imagining her days..

Although I liked the idea of Jackson being with someone in their house, away from as many germie germs as possible, and at a rate of $200 cheaper than daycare.. it just wasn't working out.  Besides, we planned to move Jackson to Will's school once he is 1 because we feel as though they have done a great job.  Case and point -- we went there today to get Jackson's paperwork and Will went to play with his friends and when I went back outside to get him, he is literally tearing up and saying, "I want to stay by myself.. I don't want to leave."  Yay!  So, Thing #2 will be in their infant room with 7 other drooly babies and 2 teachers (both of which have been there since Will and I like/trust both of them).  And, on a related note, I will be auctioning off body parts to pay for the cost of 2 in daycare.. Kidney, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment