Friday, September 2, 2011

Fansler..

Party of 4! {soon to be}

Date: July 31st, 2011
Time: After lunch
Location: Master bathroom

Me: Hmm, I gotta pee before I get in the shower.. hmm hmm hmm.. I wonder if the pregnancy tests would detect any action yet.. hmm hmm hmm.. pee pee pee.. HOLY.MOLY. two lines. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. OMG. OMG. OMG. PANIC ATTACK. must shower.. act normal.. take another later..

So, I decided in my shower talk to myself that I wasn't going to tell Michael yet because I wanted it to be a GOOOOD surprise. I needed verification though.. We had two digital tests, because, I love me some dollar tree, but just because their test had 2 lines, I wasn't taking that to the bank.

Michael wanted me to shave his head.. IN A TIME LIKE THIS?! AHH, OK. ACT NORMAL.. I did my wifely duty and as he got in the shower I snuck a digital test under my shirt and went downstairs....

CRAP, there's 2 parts?! What kind of fancy test is this?! Back upstairs, mission grab both parts was a success.. downstairs bathroom TRYING to force out any urine I could.. and I friggin' did the test wrong.. UUUGH.. How do you do a pregnancy test wrong?!

At this point, I needed to leave to go to a Thirty-One meeting so I grabbed the other digital test slyly and put it in my purse.. I figured I'd have to pee eventually and this time I made sure I read the directions first.

Fast forward an hour to a small mom-n-pop ice cream parlor that has been around for ages.. Tiny bathroom.. Just me and a pee stick.
PREGNANT.


"OH GOD. seriously? WOW. why is it showing up this fast?! I thought I didn't ovulate until 6 days ago.. OMG is it twins.. say it isn't so.. OMG. how am I going to tell Michael?"

I had to sit on this information throughout the.entire.meeting.. I thought I was going to die. Also, the options on how to tell Michael went through my head.. should I put Will in a "Big Brother" shirt or just come on out and tell him? Here is what I went with...

Once I got home, I picked up Will and Michael was in the living room. I start having a normal convo with Will and then I go "Hey Will.. are you excited to be a big brother?? No?! Well, I don't think you have a choice, because in 9 months you're going to have a baby brother or sister.."

Michael: Wait. Are you pregnant?!
Me: Yep.
Michael: How do you know?
Me: I took 2 tests..
Michael: Wow, didn't see that coming.. well, congrats! *kiss*

There you have it people.. the Fansler Fam is expanding.. and so is my waistline..

**Originally written 8/2/11**

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm sure you already know how much more tiring it is to be pregnant when you already have one to take care of! But I hope you are feeling good! Congrats again - sorry I'm so late in finding this out!

    ReplyDelete