This time off has given me a lot of time to spend with family, and even though family can get annoying, and sometimes you disagree, and sometimes you just need space from them.. they're family, and I wouldn't change it for the world.
The same goes for Will. Will can be a handful. He can be annoying. He can be stressful and stubborn. He can scream and pitch a temper tantrum with the best of them. But he also makes the cutest faces. He has the most infectious laugh. He is a thinker and loves to try and solve problems already. I can't imagine my life without him.
So, when I read blogs like the one I read a few weeks back, it absolutely breaks my heart. I searched for the blog tonight not remembering the title but how I got to it (a blog of a blog). I needed an update on this family. I can't even speak of their tragedy without bawling like a baby, so I know they have more strength than I ever could to go on with their lives... So if you are a hormonal basket case like me right now, I wouldn't read this unless you need a good cry. http://threedoodles.blogspot.com/ If you scroll to the December 12th post, you'll see what I mean. Spoiler alert: She died during her sleep due to meningitis. Don't think I haven't already Googled the symptoms.
I wouldn't call myself a really religious person, but I prayed after reading this. I just prayed for their family, for her sister, and most of all, prayed out of thanks for all of the gifts I have been given. It is so easy to take life for granted.. but what if tonight was the last time you kissed your baby goodnight? I can't even think about it...
In closing, I'm off to do what I did when I first read their blog.. I'm going to boogie's room, give him a kiss, and tell him I love him. Do the same to someone you love.
Goodnight, y'all.
Back to the Real World
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment