...I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...
Well. Hot Diggity! It came true!! For the first time in my life, there was substantial snow on Christmas!! So awesome! Here was the run down of our holiday:
Day before Christmas Eve: I once again beg Michael to open presents early. I have a problem. But, I've always done this. As a kid, I would start asking to open presents like a week early. I'd wait until my mom was in a good mood and then I'd ask to just open one.. then a few days later, another one. Then Christmas Eve, just one! I guess I have no patience for Christmas. But, this is probably the last year I could do that because Will might understand "Santa" next year, and I don't want to have to explain why "Santa" came early just for mommy :) Anyway, we let Will open his few gifts under the tree and one was a Mister Potato Head.. boy did he enjoy pulling the eyeballs off and then putting them back. Side note: Will wants to do everything himself. Feed, wipe face, throw away trash... etc, etc. It is nice to see him being independent but it is annoying when I just want to feed him the applesauce and be done with it. Now if he sees someone eating with a spoon or fork, he demands one too. Then, he wiggles it around in his food until he happens to get some on his utensil and puts it in his mouth with an emphatic "mmmmm."
Christmas Eve: We all went to Gran Gran's house! We always use to go to my Papa and Gran's on Christmas Eve so it was a nice remembrance of tradition. We managed to get one family picture before Will was over it and wanted to play in the leaves.
We ate dinner and exchanged gifts. Will racked up -- he got a race car that he can sit in and we can push from behind; a tent/tunnel playset/a play microwave/puzzles/a Mickey Mouse doll (he loooves Mickey, but sometimes calls him "dada." Weird), and a bunch of other stuff! And, by the end of the night, he was pooped.
Christmas Day: Since we had already opened presents.. we needed to pack and get on the road to Winston-Salem to see Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Jen, and Uncle Jon! We drove straight to King to visit Nana and do lunch and gifts with that side of the family. Will, once again, got some cool toys, and was the life of the party! :) AND, that's when it started snowing!! After Nana's, we drove to Michael's parent's home and Will and I needed a nap.. so we took one :) Then, we did presents and his favorite was the Hokey Pokey Elmo that Aunt Jen and Uncle Jon got him. AND. It was still snowing!! At this point, there was probably 3-4 inches on the ground. Michael and Jon took this opprotunity to build a Wolfpack Snowman!
After Christmas: Since we couldn't go hit up some post-Christmas sales, Michael, Jon, and I played in the snow while Jennifer and Will napped. At this point, it was 6.5 inches deep. It was too fluffy to sled, but it was still fun :) Will played in it later, and he loved it!! He kept wanting to eat the snow and then he would giggle when we'd throw it in the air. He even cried when we made him go back inside :( We didn't really do much for the remainder of our stay in "the dash," and made our way home this afternoon. It's nice to be back :)
But now, the work begins. I have to put away all the Christmas decorations and get the house back to normal. I'm sad too.. I love Christmas. And now it's over :( Oh well.. only 361 days until Christmas 2011.

No comments:
Post a Comment