Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Back to Life...

Yesterday was uber busy. We went to the SD Zoo which is by far the coolest Zoo I have ever been to. Instead of having one main pathway that everyone follows, this zoo had countless trails that intertwined with each other. While we may have been above on a parkway looking at monkeys, there were people under us looking at African deer. It was so cool! They also had an aerial tram which I guess is like a ski lift that takes you from one side of the park to the other.. I think I have conquered my fear of heights this trip! By far the most amazing animals were the gorillas and pandas. Not every zoo has pandas so I think this was the first time I had seen one in person. So we spent a few good hours there and boy was I exhausted! We then headed to the Gaslamp District to grab some food and look around for souvenirs. Again, I have never seen as many hobos as there were there! And, the funny thing was, two of them were arguing because apparently one was trying to make his spot on the other's corner. It was amusing, in a very sad way. Then, it was getting close to sunset time, but unfortunately it was cloudy, so the sunset was not going to be too amazing. None the less, we hopped on "the five" and drove to Ocean Beach.. and after a few navigational errors, we made it. Ah. The Pacific Ocean at sunset. It was so pretty (except for all the seaweed on the shore.. that was kind of gross.) We walked around a bit, and then made our way to the airport. I was ready to come home!! I missed my snuggalug! We got to experience the full body scan that everyone is griping about at the SD airport, and I guess they got to see me naked inside the little booth. I'm sure they see worse, so I didn't see the big deal in it. This time, I was smart. I popped an Ambien and I slept the entire 6 hour flight. It was niiiiiiice :) Fast forward a few hours and here we are - safe and sound in Winston-Salem giving much needed love to our favorite almost 15 month old. :) I'll post some pics soon (maybe while I'm in my turkey coma!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment