This morning I had the fantastic privilege of dropping Duke off at the vet to get declawed... Now, just so you know, when we decided to adopt Duke years ago we said that we would not get him declawed because basically it was like cutting off the tops of your fingers. Plus, my old cat Baby Face got declawed when I was 11 before we moved to N.C. and I just remember her being in so much pain that it broke my heart.... well... things have changed. Duke gets his claws stuck in EVERYTHING.. rugs, screened porch, doors (the rubber underneath), and as soon as we got out the Pack 'n Play there he goes putting his claws in the mesh. So, it was a hard decision but I hope they give us a lot of pain medicine for when he comes home tomorrow. Daisy has been moping all day because she saw him get put in the carrier and taken out to the car, and I didn't come back with him. We go and get him tomorrow morning, and I am just hoping that he doesn't hate us too much :( We'll seee...
On a different note, my ankles have been SOOO swollen the last couple of days. It is gross. My classroom is ready for the kiddos and I met about 60 of them last night at Meet n Greet. I won't remember their names, but still.. I'm planned for the first 6 weeks, which I can keep working on during my planning periods. I'm like a boy scout - always prepared :)
Back to the Real World
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment