We have been SUPER busy and stressed around the Fansler household. We still are missing floors in the downstairs.. we are still waiting on 1 quote.. we are living on half of our living room.. and our toy inventory has doubled. I am finishing out the semester and dreading next semester.. I honestly hoped I wasn't going to be teaching, but I didn't get into UNC's ABSN program sooooooo everything happens for a reason, right?... Yea... *sigh*..
ANYWAY, on a MUCH brighter note... My little J-boo-berry-biscuit is 9 months old today!! Holy crapanoli. This means that in a few short months he is going to be ONE. ONE YEAR OLD... what in the world. So, here are some cool things about Jackson right now:
1. Lovesssssss to be mobile. Is army crawling and is starting to get that belly up off the ground. He is mighty fast. Mom got him a walker for xmas and he loves hopping in that in the kitchen to get around. He can support himself standing pretty well for a little bit but hasn't really tried to start pulling up yet.
2. Lovessssss real food and kind of looks at you like, "what is this crap" when you give him baby food. Yesterday they gave him school lunch at daycare and said he cleaned his plate. Fatty. Oh, but then he was up until 9 last night WIRED like he was on Crystal Meth or something.. it was redic.
3. Lovessssss the boobies.. which is why I'm starting to wean. Homenugget still wakes up at night and we went through a rough stretch around Christmas where he wanted to wake up 2-3-4-5 times a night and I was pretty much a walking zombie. Not to mention that my body just could not keep up with him. Prior to Christmas break, I was pumping twice at school and then nursing maybe once at home, and then once during the middle of the night. Wellllllll when he wanted to nurse like 7 times during the day, that just took a toll. So, I figured now was as good of a time as any to start backing him off. I've just been pumping once at school at the end of the day, and then once at home, and once at night when he wakes up. Michael has been a champ at getting up too because if I go in his room when he's upset, all he wants is "ze boobies." I'm going at it slowly, so I'm not sure when he'll be 100% weaned.. I didn't want to do anything drastic because MASTITIS SUCKS. and I don't want to go through that again.
4. Lovesssssss his brudder. I even think he tries to say "bruh bruh" sometimes. He just watches evverything Will does and just giggles when Will acts silly. I love it.
5. He is babbling a whole lot - mostly B's, D's, M's, G's.. no real words yet.. but I swear he said "ma ma" when I was cleaning out his closet the other day. Even if he didn't, it was exciting for a few minutes :)
6. He has gotten a little clingy to me and will most of the time cry if I put him down.. but, to be fair, this usually happens when I pick him up from school and he has gone all day without seeing me.. I mean, let's be real, who isn't excited to see me and gets sad when I leave them? ...anybody? ..bueller?...
7. And his stats are...
18 lbs, 9.5 oz (19%)
28 inches long (42%)
18.25inch head (78%)
..and he's a healthy little eating machine. We've kind of nicknamed him the garbage can.. he'll eat anything.
*Update: 1/20/13: Jackson and Will spent the weekend at Papa and Baba's so mommy and daddy could get some house things taken care of. I figured that since I was starting to wean anyway, then this would be the perfect weekend to actually just stop. Holy.Moly.Engorgement. I've still had to pump a few times because otherwise it is just unbearable. I don't know how Jbooskie is going to react when he is wanting the boobs and I just give him a bottle.. I guess we'll see...
Back to the Real World
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment