Silly me to think I could really go this whole pregnancy without nausea or vomiting.. Leave it to a stomach bug/food poisoning to do me in! I was feeling icky on Sunday and thought maybe it was just the mexican food I had eaten the night before and just kind of laid low.. then I got an email from my mom saying that she and my sister were both in bed sick. At that point, I started thinking.. Oh no. I've got it too since we had spent pretty much all Saturday together. Then, I started to panic because what if Will and Michael got it? That would be TERRRRRRIBLE. Will had his appointment with the ENT to get tubes on Monday, and we had to get there bright and early at 6am. Well, after being up since 10pm Sunday night, I looked at Michael on Monday at 5am and just said I couldn't go.. it broke my heart. The first time my baby is getting put under (if only for 10 minutes, but still..) and I couldn't go because I needed the vicinity of my toilet. So, at 5:30, Michael brings Will in and explains that I am sick and my belly is hurting and that I'd see them later.. :(
I get a text at 7 saying that they just took him back, and in less than 10 minutes later I get another text saying that he was waking up. Whoa! Quickness. At that point, I had finally fallen asleep and had been able to stay in bed longer for 45 minutes which felt amazing. Michael called when he was on his way home and needed me to wash up and come downstairs to watch Will for a bit..
Because.... AND HERE IS A VERY IMPORTANT LESSON I LEARNED...
Never. Ever. Put off buying more toilet paper. Ever.
We were LITERALLY down to 1 roll in the whole house and Sunday I just didn't feel like going to the store.. I realized this "uh oh" at about 2am when the roll was looking mighty thin. Luckily I did have some of those Charmin wet wipe things and that saved my ass (baha no pun intended).
ANYWAYS, Michael went to the store, got the TP and some other goodies and Will and I laid on the couch. He seemed alright with his ears except for every once in a while crying out "oww my ears hurrt!" He even looked over one time and said, "Mommy, your belly feel better?".. so sweet. He took a nap on Michael, which I am pretty sure he hasn't done since infanthood, ate some pancakes, took another nap, and then was good to go! I started to feel better later on Monday, and it was back to normal Tuesday.
Fun times for a long weekend..
Back to the Real World
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment