Today is the first day of my summer break. So far Will and I have eaten breakfast, gone to work out (he was not a fan of me leaving him in the nursery.. it is the hardest thing to see your baby FREAKING out when you come back.. but at the same time, it melted my heart because he knows me.. and he wants ME.. not some stranger lady), and came back home to take a nap.
While my boogie is napping, I took a second to waste time on Facebook and somehow I got to some persons blog whom I've never met.
I read their story about their first son who died in utero at 37 weeks, and 10 weeks after found out that they were pregnant again. Their second son was born with a rare skin condition and was not expected to make it to his 1st birthday. I watched their videos very similar to the videos we take of Will but noticing major differences. This boy has lesions all over his face, and has to wear protective sleeves on his arms and legs. Everything else was the same.. same joy, same playfulness, same love. They even looked about the same age.
My heart ached for them.
So I am taking a second here to feel so blessed and so thankful for our son. As far as we know, he doesn't have any medical problems. I don't know what we did to deserve such a wonderful gift. And, I can't imagine losing Will or hearing that he might not make it to his 1st birthday.. People say you don't understand a mother's love until you become one and I completely agree. I would jump in front of a bus for this child. If we were falling off a cliff and Michael could only save one of us, I would want it to be Will. If we were drowning and there was only one seat on the lifeboat, it would be his.
Sometimes life just moves so fast that you take these little moments for granted. One day he could be here, and the next day not. I can't wait for him to wake up from his nap so I can go in and see that cute little face and hear that giggle of his. I think I've said it before, but he makes my life worthwhile. {I love you boogie butt!}
Back to the Real World
12 years ago

I don't know how Patrice and Matt do it!
ReplyDelete