It is so entirely weird to be a "mother" on Mother's Day. I am use to celebrating with my mom, who by the way, is the best mom in the world. Since having Will, I have gained respect and admiration for her in a way that is indescribable. What she has gone through in her life is crazy, and yet, she never slacked off as a mom. We never went without.. we may have gone with less.. but never without. She made even the most random trips fun and special. I think back on my childhood and even though it wasn't a perfect "ABC Family" T.V. show, it was definitely better than what a lot of others had. Even as an adult, I talk to my mom at least once a day, and I feel like I'm missing something when I go a week without seeing her. So, it is my only wish that one day Will loves me as much as I love my mom. And, as for the second mom in my life, Michael's mom, I could not have asked for a better MIL. I really lucked out in that department! Will is so incredibly blessed to have two wonderful grandmas!!
Anyway, back to my original thought, it is so weird being a "mother." I was sitting in Will's nursery this afternoon thinking back on the days when I was pregnant and I would go in there to just relax and wonder what it was going to be like. All of his clothes were so neatly put away, and all of his cute little toys were ready for him to play with.. how things have changed.. Now we barely have time to put away his clothes and most of the time they stay in laundry baskets! It seems like as soon as we get them organized, he grows out of them!
This is me this time last year:

So crazy to look back on these days!
So, to all the mommies out there.. Happy Mother's Day!
And because I have nothing better to do.. my ode to William..to the tune of "All the Single Ladies"
"All the baby mommas.. all the baby mommas.. now put your hands up.. up in the crib, you just woke up.. you're doin' your own thing.. you decided to spit and now I wanna sniff to see if you poop-eed.. you got your passy, you got your softey.. don't pay "dog" any attention.. don't cry no tears, have no fears.. I love you sweet baby!" :)
Oh my gosh - you cracked me up!! Happy Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteHi Amy,
ReplyDeleteDid you hear I was coming your way? I'm over in Louisburg for the next few weeks w/ a friend who is having a double lung transplant. I'd really like to come by and meet Will, Michael and to see you, Kelly and Holly again. I spoke w/ Kelly a little last time I was up at Howard's. He gave me your cell number and your mother's (now celebrating Happy GrandMother's Day!) I'll give you guys a call next week and we can see when we can get together.
Maura