Me: "well, there is no goin' back now.. I told Mrs. Marilyn that June is Will's last month at daycare"
Michael: "oh, wow. ok?"
So, couple things. First, having to pick Will up at 3:30 on the dot every day has caused me a great deal of stress this semester. Lets just say that even though I've taught Earth Science and Biology for 4 years now, I haven't gotten the hang of being mommy and being a teacher. I have 1st period planning so that is usually when all my junk gets done because after school is usually filled with meetings (that I usually have to leave early from). That equals stress for me considering I like to have my junk in gear and ready to go. I need more time at school in the afternoons to get things done. That doesn't happen.
Second, as wonderful as Mrs. Marilyn has been to Will since he was a meatloaf with arms, in the fall she will have 2 mobile toddlers, a 3 year old occasionally, and a newborn. Yikesers. And, most likely, she will be doing it solo.
Third, she wanted to charge me $50 a week "holding fee" which originally she said that even though they were charging that, we could work something out where he came on a part time basis. "Awesome!" I thought. I get a few days off as a stay-at-home mommy this summer! Yea..well.. I was told that she "wouldn't stay home for just one kid" so I would have to arrange it around when the 3 yr old was there, since the other toddler will be out all summer. That didn't really fly with me..
All of these things together led me to start looking around at other day cares, and I felt like I was cheating on Mrs. Marilyn.. but today, I came clean. I told her daughter (she was out of town) that June is Will's last month. I don't know that I could have done it to her face.. I'm such a weenie..
I have currently checked out 4 "real" day cares in the area and I have a few favorites, but they all have their pros and cons.. what if Will isn't happy? What if he misses Mrs. Marilyn.. not to mention it will cost AT LEAST $300 more to go to a different day care a month.. Oy. But, then I think of the social aspect of him being around other babies his age, and doing art projects, and playing outside, and learning sign language for babies.. I feel like all of that will be beneficial.. so we'll see.. of course my anxious nature will not let my brain shut off until I make a decision, so at least I've taken the first steps.. June 11th.. Bye Bye Marilyn. :-/
Back to the Real World
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment