Saturday, March 17, 2012

Oh Jackson.

Ok, self-admittedly I have been pretty nonchalant about this upcoming arrival. I think once I found out he was a boy, I was like "whew, I got this." Then, you add in teaching a new prep (which just happens to be AP Biology), taking a college class online, all the while trying to raise a toddler and be a good wife.. and what do you get? No time. None.

His nursery is pretty much done.. we did get the name decal hung last weekend, and I say we, but in reality it was Eag and Michael doing the work and me standing back saying "higher, lower, tilt down.." etc. The only thing I wanted to do was hang these little cube things on the wall, but we just haven't gotten around to it.

So, all of this non-planning kind of caught up with us Wednesday.. I was teaching 4th period around 1 when I started having lower abdomen pains.. I was for certain they were real contractions because they did not feel like anything I had felt before with him. So, I started timing them and they were regular at 12 minutes. This went on for a few hours, so by this time I had already alerted the troops that something MIGHT be going on.

Then they went away. Whisky Tango Foxtrot was going on? I came home, we went on a walk, they came back with a vengeance. At this point, I was really confused so mom just kept Will for a sleepover that night in case something was happening. Nothing happened after that..

Pooey. And, I had a doc's appt Thursday so I had her check me and I was all closed up and he hadn't dropped yet. Not that it really means anything, but it was kind of disheartening because Michael and I were pretty pumped that we might actually meet our son sooner than later..

Anyway, the next few days were uneventful contraction wise so I guess it was a fluke. The next few days were not unevenful for the "sprinkles" of love for our baby boy. I have to admit, I was worried that no one was going to care about the arrival of baby J since it was the second baby and it was of the same sex. But, it is wonderful to have the excitement from our family and friends awaiting to meet this little guy! It makes me feel so lucky to be surrounded by people who not only already love this baby, but also us, that they want to still celebrate his upcoming birth by "sprinkling" us with gifts for him.

Last weekend, Felecia and Elizabeth came to visit and I always love being with both of them because it just takes me back to the days when we were inseparable. We went shopping, had pedicures, and even watched the State/UNC match-up in the ACC tourney. Wednesday, the science department organized a party after school, and had some of my favorite foods, so that was nice! Friday, we had an early release day and my 4th period AP kids came in and apparently they had organized amongst themselves to throw me a shower, which I am convinced it is because they didn't want to do any work ;). And, today, Katie, Bayley, Michele, Beth, and Alison threw Jackson a St. Patty's Day shower. Next week, I am having dinner at Los Tres with some of my favorite work girls.. so the love is flowing!

Come on, Jackson -- so many people are ready to meet you!!! :) Your mommy included!

No comments:

Post a Comment