1) Will's ears/tubes look "perfect" according to Dr. Garside.. yay! His speech and vocabulary have improved so much! There are very few times where we go, "I have no clue what he is saying," so I guess they were all worth it!
2) I haven't put in for my maternity leave yet OR started making sub plans.. no big deal, right? I mean, I only have a new prep that I am constantly only 1 day ahead of the students so that shouldn't be hard to plan for....... *side note: it's AP Bio and those kids will call you on every.little.thing. You have to be on point. I think my plans for them will be "read the book. do the lab. take the test. repeat." Easy peasy.
3) Nursery isn't done. Decal isn't hung (it's physically in his room.. just not on the wall). No glider. Nothing hung on the walls. There's still time.. hopefully. BUT, we do have a drawer full of diapers left over from Baby Jacob.. thanks dude!
4) My online physiology class is pretty time consuming, but we're getting through it.. and by "we're" I mean that my husband has been amazingly supportive and stepped up in a big way so that I can devote time to it in the evenings. Downside: Will started saying, "I like daddy bevver." Not cool, kid. Not cool. But, I guess I should get use to that since most of my attention will be on this new snugglebutt come 7ish weeks.
5) As I sit here, Jackson is moving around like crazy. My stomach is morphing in front of my eyes.. it is such an amazing miracle, this growing a baby thing. I can't believe there is a living human inside me that started off as nothing more than 2 merged cells and 46 chromosomes (let's hope no more or less). However, it is starting to become real that I have to go through all of the crappy stuff again.. like labor. And painful nippples. And sleepless nights. But at least I am going into it this time knowing what to expect.. I hope that makes it a little easier than last time. I was admittedly a smidge psycho. Fingers crossed for an easy transition back into the swing of all things infant!
6) And, Will is not potty trained. When asked why he didn't use the potty at school, he says "I no like to use potty." We've tried the potty dance, stickers, candy, etc. and it is hit or miss. The hardest thing is that we can't guarantee what they are doing at school.. we don't know if they ask him every 30 minutes to sit on it, or if they just change his diaper when the 2-3 hours is up. I've talked to the director, but we haven't seen any improvement. Maybe I'll just send him in underwear one day and let them figure it out. No, he doesn't tell us when he has to potty, but tonight he refused to go on it, but we took his diaper off anyway. We all hung out in the bathroom for a while, and he goes "I want to go potty." Granted, then, he wanted to potty standing up so pee went everywhere but he thought it was awesome. I call that a win. I doubt he will be potty trained before Jackson comes, but at least I will have the summer to do it and he can be out of diapers before his 3rd bday (again, fingers crossed).
That's about it going on with the Fansler fam. I'll update in a few weeks.. or when something interesting happens :)
Back to the Real World
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment