Michael and I had planned a trip to New York over the summer (before I got pregnant), and the time finally came for us to go! We were going with our pals Zach and Katie and the main reason was to go at Christmas time so we could see all the decorations. I was the only one who had never been so I wanted to see the sights. Michael's parents came to get Will on Wednesday and he was super excited to go to "Baba's house".. and as soon as they pulled away, I was bawling like a baby. I called Michael to see what he needed from Target and basically had to "man up" before I could go inside. I know he is 2 now, but it doesn't get any easier leaving him. Well, we had some mishaps with the flight up there, dealt with all the traffic and people once we were there, had some issues with our tickets coming home, but it was all worth it once I heard "HI MOMMY!" All he wanted to do was be my snugglebutt and just kept saying "hi." Love him. Today on the way home from his school, he was saying how he wanted to go to Mommy's Work (because in the mornings, I usually leave before the boys and he has to see me leave and sometimes doesn't like it).. and I had to keep telling him that he can't because there are no toys, no snacks, and his friends aren't there.. so he goes.. "mommy, I sad." and I said, "why baby?".. "because.. I want go mommy's work." Too cute.
He also found a box of Nutrigrain bars in the pantry once we got home and decided he wanted to get one, asked me if I wanted one, and then held one in front of my belly and goes "here you go Jackson" (pronounced Gakson). He's going to be a great big brother :)
Back to the Real World
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment